Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hard to believe this still needs to be said, but

To Reference Something On the Internet is to use an idea that someone else has come up with to support Your Own Idea. (ex: archimedes has discovered that 1+1 =2! Based on this, I theorize therefore that 1+1+1+1 = 4!)

It is NOT using their written work word-per-word and submitting it as your own. (ex: I has discovered that 1+1 = 2!)

COPYPASTE-ING YOUR HOMEWORKS FROM THE INTERNET IS BAD!

WHY IS IT BAD? BECAUSE YOU LEARN NOTHING!

And do recall that you're in school because you want to learn things?

It won't be on my conscience if you leave APC with nothing new in your heads but ctrl-c ctrl-v.



(The fact that even minor instances of copypasting will render your papers burned in a bonfire is just an unfortunate side effect)

(I don't care either if I catch em or not, the grade isn't the result we're really after here.)


<end rantage>


Oh, and congrats to the few and the proud who got themselves a 4 on the midterm paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to add AB12X_LastnameFirstname to your post, so I'll know who to credit for it!